The HESI A2 exam is given at the South Campus Testing Center, 1081 W. Shady Grove Rd., Irving, TX 75060, 214-891-1349.
HESI Helpline: 214-891-1327
For the ADN program, there are five main parts to the test:
- Vocabulary and General Knowledge
- Anatomy and Physiology
*Those students applying for Radiology or the Soma Program are not required to take Anatomy & Physiology. For questions about other program test requirements, other than the ones listed above listed above, please consult your nursing packet or contact the Nursing Advisor at El Centro.
*When taking Hesi A2 for the first time, all students are required to take Personality Profile and Learning Styles tests.
Students are allowed to take the HESI A ² test a maximum of 2 times per month.
Guidlines and Important Information for Registration
Please read and follow all instructions listed below for the Hesi Online Registration process. Failure to do so may seriously delay your Nursing and/or Healthcare Program Application and may incur new testing fees. There is no flexibility on HESI guidelines/rules below.
- Must be a current DCCCD student and must be in the process of applying to El Centro College’s/North Lake Nursing and/or Healthcare Professions Program.
- Scores apply to North Lake College or El Centro College Nursing and/or Health Care Professions Programs.
- For specific inquiries regarding Nursing and/or Health Care program requirements, contact the Nursing Academic Advisor at 972-860-5034 or 972-860-5041.
- If you are sent a payment code and you do not pay within 24 hours of the stated deadline, you will lose your space and will be unable to test until the next sign up date.
- When registering for the test please select your test dates wisely, since they will not
- We also have Hesi Exam preparation materials at South Campus Testing Center Room 1112.
- Before retesting the applicant is encouraged to review areas that need improvement which would also, include logging in to their Evolve account and reviewing remediation material.
HESI A2 Registration Dates for Fall 2015 (all dates are subject to change)
Registration Dates Exam Dates
Sept 1 Sept 15, 16, 17
Sept 28 Oct 13, 14, 15
Oct. 26 Nov. 17, 18, 19
How to register for HESI
HESI A² testing at North Lake South Campus Testing Center is for North Lake College and El Centro College prospective candidates only, who are applying to the Nursing and/or Health Professions Program.
Below are the instructions for Hesi Online Registration for North Lake South Campus Testing Center.
Do not attempt to register for HESI exams in your Evolve/Elsevier account.
2. At 11:00 a.m. on registration day three links will appear below, click on the link and it will lead you to the registration form for that date. We recommend that you use the Fire Fox web browser.
Once you have submitted the online registration form, usually, 2 business days or within 48 hours registration you will receive a email providing you with the status of your request. Even though you may have been able to register for a date or dates, please understand that we use a first come, first serve system.
3. Pay for your HESI A² Exam through Evolve/Elsevier
Instructions for your exam appointment:
- All tests will begin at 9am at 1081 W. Shady Grove Rd. Irving Tx 75060 Room 1112
- Please arrive at 8:45am (15 minutes) before your scheduled appointment.
- Bring your photo ID and a printed out copy of your Evolve Payment Confirmation and present it to the Testing Center Staff in order to be seated.
- Please bring a quarter to lock up all electronic devices, books, papers, purses and food/drink in the lockers. The quarter will be returned to you when you retrieve your items.
HESI Helpline: 214-891-1327
General Questions: 214-891-1349