Government Leadership Seminars Return to Campus
IRVING- The North Lake College (NLC) Government Leadership Seminars have returned to Irving. Running through February and March, this public event allows participants to learn about the career paths and service goals of a diverse cast of business and government leaders. All seminars will be held from 12:30 to 1:50 p.m. in classroom A-347.
“If you love what you do, success comes easier,” explained Cindy Schamp, president of Baylor Medical Center at Irving. One of many speakers during North Lake’s Fall Government Leadership Seminars, Schamp shared the story of how she entered healthcare, addressed student questions concerning Obamacare and outlined key nursing degree requirements.
Spring seminars include:
- Trustee Wesley Jameson, Dallas County Community College District – Wednesday, February 6, 2013
- Special Agent Alan Reeves, U.S. Secret Service – Wednesday, February 20, 2013
- Councilwoman Rose Cannaday, Irving City Council – Monday, February 25, 2013
- Judge Robert Francis, Dallas 4-C Reentry Court –Thursday, March 7, 2013
- Director Brenda Haney, Irving Solid Waste Services –Thursday, March 28, 2013
The North Lake College Central Campus is located at 5001 N. MacArthur Blvd. in Las Colinas and is a destination on the new DART Orange Line.
Editor's note: For interviews, photo opportunities and media support, please contact Marielle McGregor
, Marketing & Advertising Coordinator, at 972-860-3957, or the North Lake College Public Information Office, 972-273-3004.
North Lake College is a member of the Dallas County Community College District. Educational opportunities are offered by the Dallas County Community College District without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression.