Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content

Applying to North Lake

International students who plan to attend North Lake College on an F1 visa must submit the following documents before beginning coursework for an associate’s degree. Your application will only be reviewed after all documents are received, so submit a completed packet for faster processing.
The application review process takes about two weeks to complete. We may ask for additional information as part of the process. After your documents have been reviewed, you will be contacted with an admission decision. Notification will be sent to the email address you provide on your application form. Submitting a completed application packet does not guarantee admission to the college.
All documents submitted become the property of North Lake College. Please make copies to keep for your personal records before sending documents to NLC.

Deadlines for Admission

Students applying from outside the United States 
Summer - March 15
Fall - June 15
Spring - October 15
Transfer students applying from within the United States
Summer - April 15
Fall - July 15
Spring - November 15

The deadline to register for fall 2016 classes is August 12 for continuing students, and August 10 for students on academic probation.
If a deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be extended to the next business day.
Currently, there are no application fees charged to a potential student who wants to apply. If the potential student would like to appoint someone to act on their behalf during the admissions process, please fill out this form (PDF) and submit it with the application packet.

Students who have already earned an academic degree from an American college or university, or the US equivalent from a foreign institution, cannot transfer their F1 record or obtain an I-20 from North Lake College. However, they are welcome to take classes as a current student with their current US school's permission.

If you already have a degree from any university, we suggest applying to other schools that offer bachelor degrees or graduate school programs.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Online applications will not be accepted.