Need help planning your career or finding a job? North Lake’s Career Service’s Center provides free career planning and job search services to: current students, graduates, former students, and students in the process of enrolling.
Career Guidance and Counseling
- Individualized career counseling at no charge to you.
- Computerized guidance programs including DISCOVER and SIGI PLUS.
- Career library with resources for college and scholarship information, occupational outlook with descriptions and salary information and job search strategy.
- Resume writing assistance.
- Resume critique service to fine tune your resume. Bring your resume to Career Services
or email us.
- Computers for resume preparation with MSWord and Resumail (resume creation software) are available for your use.
- Mock interviews can help you prepare for the real thing. Watch yourself answer some common interview questions on videotape and get pointers on how to market yourself effectively.
- Interviewing reference material including books and videotapes are available to help you brush up on proper interviewing techniques.
Help Finding a Job
- Student databases can save you time and make your job search easier. We will contact YOU when we find a job that meets your qualifications.
- NLC Resume Bank and DCCCD Job Listing and Referral Services make your resume available to employers who call the Career Services Office or use the DCCCD system. We will send your resume to employers for you.
- Hundreds of job listings are available for review through the DCCCD Job Listing and Referral Service, NLC job vacancy binders and Internet job listings.
- Telephone and FAX machine are available for student use for making local calls to employers and faxing resumes.