Parking Violations and Citations
Parking at North Lake College is approved only in designated or marked parking spaces.
Campus citations or the City of Irving citations may be issued for violations of college parking guidelines. The campus police issue citations for violation of college parking policies, including:
- Parking in the "T" Drive, which is restricted to service or delivery vehicles only;
- Not having a current parking permit/permit permanently affixed;
- Parking in a fire lane;
- Parking in handicap space/handicap access (diagonally striped) space without a handicap plate/tag;
- Parking in spaces signed as reserved spaces without proper authorization;
- Overtime in time-limited zones (30-minute and loading zones);
- Double parking or parking over the lines;
- Parking in traffic lanes;
- Parking in areas marked “no parking”;
- Parking on grass or sidewalks, or blocking drives, crosswalks or dumpsters.
Parking for students and visitors is located on the north and south sides of the North Lake College campus. Parking spaces for the disabled are available in designated areas throughout the college parking lots. Vehicles parking in these spaces must clearly display the appropriate placards, decals or license plates.
There is no designated “visitor” parking on campus. Visitors or vendors should report to NLC Police Office for an approved Visitor/Vendor Parking pass. Parking areas for faculty are so designated with signage and located in specific North and South lots.
There are three types of citations:
- Warning Citation: A warning citation is a notice that the vehicle has been observed parked/operated in violation of college driving or parking regulations. No fine is attached to this citation.
- Campus Citation: A campus citation is a notice that the vehicle has been observed parked/operated in violation of college driving or parking regulations. A fine is attached to this citation. Instructions for disposition are located on the reverse of the citation.
- City of Irving Citation: A City of Irving citation is a notice of an alleged violation, as authorized by Education Code, Sec.51.206, generally issued to visitors, students, and employees incurring excessive campus citations. However, such citations may be used for the enforcement of any provisions of these regulations. A fine is attached to this citation. Instructions for disposition are located on the reverse of the citation.
Upon the receipt of three (3) college citations, further violations may result in City of Irving citations being issued to the violator. Academic blocks may be attached for repeated violations of NLC driving/parking regulations.
Disposition of Citations
Warning Citation: No action is required.
Campus Citation: Return citations to the NLC Cashier’s officer in the A400 area for payment of the fines. Instructions for disposition are located on the reverse of the issued citation.
City of Irving Citation: A City of Irving citation is returnable to the Irving municipal court in which the case is filed. Disposition of the citation may be made in the same manner as any other criminal case within the jurisdiction of such court. Disposition of municipal citations may be made to the City of Irving Municipal Court System by calling 972-721-2451.
Appeal of a Campus Citation
- Appealed citations will be reviewed and either suspended or upheld by the Citations Appeals Committee.
- Appeals of North Lake College Citations must be made within ten (10) business days of the occurrence by completing an appeals form made available at the North Lake College Police Department, room C204.