College Police Department
FOR EMERGENCY OR REPORTS
In an emergency, call 911,or 972-860-4290 from your cell phone.
There is also an emergency services function in the DCCCD smartphone app
, available for iPhone and Android.
Need a parking permit
? Fill out the application
and take it to the Student Resource Center, L240, along with photo ID and information about your vehicle.
Just want to keep in touch?NLC Police on Facebook
NLC Police on TwitterVisit our Central Campus office
in room C204.
As first responder to any on-campus emergency, the North Lake College Police Department protects the persons and property of students, faculty, staff, and visitors to all North Lake College campuses. NLCPD also assists other law enforcement and other emergency service providers as needed.
Police officers of the North Lake College Police Department are duly sworn peace officers under section 51.203 of the Texas Education Code. The officers of the department are armed and possess the same police powers and authority under the law as municipal officers. North Lake College police officers patrol the campus 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They enforce the law, arrest violators, investigate and deter crime, investigate traffic accidents and provide a full range of services to the college community.
Services We Provide
- Vehicle unlocks and battery jumps
- Response to injuries and medical emergencies
- Patrols of all campus streets, walkways, and interior areas,
- Monitoring of alarms and surveillance systems
- Security and traffic control at parties, special events and performances
- Enforcing campus regulations, taking and maintaining reports and records, and offering security survey/audit services to campus administrators
- Crime prevention presentations to campus groups
Lost and Found
Lost and found articles are to be brought to the police department in room C204. Students should be told that their missing property might be located there. You may call for an officer to pick up articles for placement in the police department.
The Chief of Police is available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. through 5 p.m. to discuss your complaint about a member of the police department or college employee. Read more about filing a complaint