What is Service Learning and why should I be involved?
Service Learning is a program in which you will learn and develop through thoughtfully organized service experiences that meet real community needs. The program combines academic instruction with active community service, utilizing critical, reflective thinking to examine the world around you and your civic responsibilities. North Lake's Service Learning Program offers you an opportunity to serve at a wide variety of charitable and social agencies.
Give a little. Get a lot back!
Benefits of Participation
- Explore different career opportunities and/or possible academic majors.
- Develop valuable skills like leadership, communication, teaching and more, then use those skills to enhance your resume and college/scholarship applications.
- Get involved in your community and your college, meet new and interesting people and learn how to network.
- Give back to your community and make a difference in other people's lives.
- Find personal fulfillment, learn about yourself and expand your horizons.
For a list of placement opportunities, please enroll as a Service Learning (SL) eCampus community user. Approved placement opportunities are available to currently enrolled participants via eCampus
. See Get Started
for eCampus enrollment instructions.