Student Government Association
North Lake College's Student Government Association was created in order to represent, to communicate with, act upon and ensure student rights and needs, concerns and social well-being to the administration as well as to the District offices in order to make a difference and build a stronger education institution and community.
Upon acceptance into the college, students automatically become members of the Student Government Association. All students are encouraged to become active members and officers so that the Association is a true representative body of student thought and opinion, voicing the needs and concerns of the student body.
The Executive Board of the Student Government Association consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Parliamentarian, Historian and Treasurer. Officers are elected by the student body at the beginning of each Fall semester, with terms running through August of the following year until new elections are held.
Qualifications for the Student Body Executive Board
- Currently enrolled at North Lake College in at least 6 credit hours
- To have and maintain a 2.5 Grade Point Average
- Prepared to serve and represent the Student Body of North Lake College as requested and needed throughout the campus, the Dallas County Community College District and the Texas Region
- In good standing at North Lake College
- Not be on either scholastic or disciplinary probation
- For President or Vice President of SGA, candidate can not be serving as a president or vice president of another club