Spring 2020 classes have resumed online.Please visit
dcccd.edu/coronavirus for additional information and to
learn how to prepare for online classes.
As the 21st century began, North Lake continued to grow. The number of credit students enrolling in the fall 2000 semester was 8,322. The administration had changed to include Dr. David England as president; Vice President of Business Services was John Tuohy; Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, Dr. Martha Hughes, Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs; and Candace Castillo as Vice President of Planning and Development. Dr. Bill Wenrich took over as Chancellor of DCCCD in 1990.
The college has expanded to twelve buildings on the campus with satellite campuses in downtown Irving and the DFW Education Center. Partnering with the City of Irving, Irving Community Library, Texas Workforce Commission, and Irving Cares (a nonprofit charitable organization), North Lake College opened the South Irving Center in 1997. Located at 440 S. Nursery Road, Suite 100, in the City of Irving Human Services Building. The Center expanded services of the college to the city’s south side and provided guidance, courses and instruction in Spanish as well as English.
The DFW Education Center opened in 2000, and is located at 1341 Royal Lane, inside the DFW airport boundaries. The Center is the result of a partnership between the college and the Construction Education Foundation to provide education for the construction industry. The 60,000-sq. ft. facility serves over 2000 students per year. Course offerings at the DFW Education Center include, in part, construction management, masonry, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and glazing. The facility has been recognized throughout the United States as an exemplary model for providing construction-oriented college programs.
Turning the Century Mark: Skills Development Fund Grant