F1 Visa Information

The F1 student visa is for students seeking to enter the United States on a temporary basis to study full-time at an accredited college or university, like North Lake College, that is authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.

Applying for F1 status

After you are accepted to North Lake College, we will issue your I-20 form. The I-20 form is required for obtaining an F1 visa.

  • If you are overseas, you will be able to apply for the F1 visa once you have the I-20 from North Lake.
  • If you are in the United States on another visa type, you will need to apply for a change of visa status. We do not process change of status applications.
  • If you are an F-1 transferring from another U.S. college/university, have your records transferred to North Lake College from your current school. Then we will issue updated I-20 paperwork for transfer.
Once you receive F1 status it is your responsibility to maintain that status by following the rules and laws that relate to that visa status.
If you have any questions, contact an F1 international advisor at the North Lake College International Center or visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Translate this page
Office Hours & Contacts