Spring 2020 classes have resumed online.Please visit
dcccd.edu/coronavirus for additional information and to
learn how to prepare for online classes.
Welcome to the two-step DCCCD loans process. If you are a financial aid applicant, you will be offered a Federal Direct Loan, whether you want a loan or not.
This process ultimately puts more information and control in
your hands, but it does involve a few steps you need to learn about. Here are an overview and some questions and answers to help you.
If you have more questions, you can always call the
Financial Aid Call Center or visit your
Financial Aid Office for assistance.
Step 1: All eligible students are offered a Federal Direct Loan (FDL) award. You can choose to accept, decline or adjust this offered loan.
In order for us to process your Spring loan before the close of the semester in May, all steps for obtaining a Spring loan must be completed on or before May 1.
Step 2: You must accept the terms and conditions of your FA Award Letter on
eConnect if you wish to receive other funding — like a Pell Grant — whether you decide to accept, decline or adjust this offered loan.
1. Do I have to accept the offered loan?
2. If I don’t accept the loan, what happens?
3. I didn’t want a loan. Why do I have to review loan information?
4. If I don’t want the loan, what do I do?
5. If I don’t want the offered loan amount shown, how do I adjust that amount?
6. I wasn’t awarded a loan, but I want one. What do I do?
7. I didn’t get my loan after I accepted it. What happened?
8. I have already accepted the terms and conditions of my award package. Why do I have to take this extra step?
9. I declined my loan, but now I want one. What do I do?
10. I declined the terms and conditions of my award package on eConnect. What do I do?
11. Why is my loan adjustment or new loan amount request not allowed?
12. Why was I awarded less than the Annual Loan amount?