Classes are currently being taught online. All physical facilities are closed to the public at this time, and employees are working remotely.
Please visit for additional information and to find contact information for various departments.
If you need additional assistance, please visit My Community Services and our Community Employment Resources.

Student Rights and Responsibilities

If you are a student with a disability, you have the right to an equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from programs offered at North Lake College.

To ensure this right, as an otherwise qualified student with a disability, you have a responsibility or are entitled to:

  • Identify yourself as needing accommodation in a timely fashion. When the disability is not obvious, you must provide documentation from an appropriate professional.
  • Demonstrate or document how your disability affects a particular delivery system, instructional method or evaluation criteria when requesting accommodation.
  • The same obligations as any student to meet and maintain the institution’s academic and technical standards.
  • The right to be evaluated based on your ability, not your disability. If your disability affects the outcome of an evaluation method, you are entitled to an evaluation by alternate means.
  • An equal opportunity to learn. If the location, delivery system or instructional methodology limits your access, participation or ability to benefit, you have a right to reasonable alterations in those aspects of the course (or program) to accommodate your disability.
  • An equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from the academic community. This includes access to services, extracurricular activities and transportation at a comparable level as that provided to any other student.
  • Appeal the institution’s decisions concerning accommodations. You may first appeal internally, by filing a written petition with the college ADA/Section 504 coordinator designated by the college president and then, if necessary, by filing a complaint with the regional Office of Civil Rights or the Department of Justice.